No one should feel their voice is not heard; that their words do not matter. Yet, at some point, many living with limited voice feel they have been silenced in the world.
Regardless of the diagnosis or cause of the voice issues, the day-to-day challenges are the same. Some of the most common issues faced by those with limited voice involve:
- Routine communication (public, private, phone)
- Career / Employment Issues
- Healthcare and benefit limitations
- Marriage & family problems
- Stress, anxiety, depression, & other mental health concerns
- Social isolation
- Self-Confidence / Esteem
- Financial hardships
The Association for Vocal Disorders seeks to give a voice to the human side of living a voiceless life. We focus on providing forums that allow our community to have real time access to people around the world who can relate to their challenges.