When you are going to go shopping it is good to have a plan of action.
Workers in the stores are more than likely seasonal workers so they probably do not have a good idea of where things are in the store.
- Grab sales ads before you plan to go shopping. Either from the newspaper, the store, or print them from online. Circle or highlight the item(s) you are looking for.
- To make your shopping experience easier use a folder or binder with separate sections to divide the ads per store.
- If you are using mobile devices and tablets you may go to the stores’ websites or web application to find the item(s) you are looking for. You can show the online ads to the store sales associate.
- The following websites are great resources for finding local store sales ads.
- Some stores are going to ask for information when you purchase items, especially if you are buying insurance on items. To avoid struggling to give your information to cashiers and clerks have your information already written or typed on a piece of paper to hand them.
(name, address, phone number, email address)
- When talking to people… look & talk directly at them, don’t speak looking down or with something in front of your mouth because it’ll block the sound.
I hope these tips work for you during your holiday and year round shopping.
– Eric Stamps